Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Wood preservative for shed

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 00:43:03 +0000, Andy Hall

On 2008-02-08 23:51:09 +0000, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

Frank Erskine wrote:
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:57:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Any thoughts on what would be the best preserving stuff
to paint a shed with?

Creosote.

Not allowed that anymore Frank. Effin Softy.

Now look, there's no need to be rude, like.

I would refer the honourable gentleman to the Viz website, wherein he
can learn the correct pronunciation for all points north of Sheerness.

Creasote Substitute. No idea what it is, but I bet it isn't as good as real
creosote.

Ronseal/Cuprinol do some good stuff these days.

The key factor is to have good old down to earth high VoC solvent based
product. None of your wishy washy, water based rubbish.

On Tyneside they know this.

And Wearside.

--
Frank Erskine