Posted to alt.home.repair

Default electric dryer not drying so fast

"J" wrote in message
Our electric dryer isn't drying as quick as it had in the past, but
eventually it does dry. Once in the past a repairman came out and cleaned
out the exhaust line and it began drying much better. Therefore I went
outside while it was running and from the amount of air, it appears that
the air is unimpeded. What could be the problem? Should I try to look
inside the dryer for more clues? Are dryers simple to get into?

Thanks.

Check the air flow again.

There are two thing that make for long drying times. Lack of air flow and
not enough heat. If one of the elements is not working or the vent is
slowed down, it will not dry properly.

If you can get the vent off the back of the dryer feel the air there and see
if it is stronger than at the end.