Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

On Feb 9, 3:25 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

The truth hurts, doesn't it? the majority of the world is mindless
sheep, living for the day, if not the hour. The concept of looking for
quality and serviceability has been lost by the herd.

well, thanks for confirming what i had suspected. It's precisely that
sort of view of people which has laid the groundwork for tyranny
throughout history!

you hit? If people didn't buy the cheapest piece of ****
that the Chinese or any other country wants to dump, they would either
build better equipment, or go out of business. You are a complete and
utter fool if you think you can place ALL of the blame at the feet of
the bean counters.

...which i didn't, I merely pointed out that not everyone is tech-
savvy, and not necessarily through any fault of their own.

And if your boss had decided to make those changes (very common in
non-unionized employer-employee relationships) then that would have
been ok, right?

I quit that job after four years, and I did it the day they announced
changes that I didn't like. Try it some time. Be a man (if you can).

So, you ran away. Real man-style, then. Truth is, you suffered at the
hands of your employer who did what he wanted with no regard for you,
but you're too proud to admit it.

I grew up in a steel town. The jerks were always
threatening to walk out, and did several times. They finally hurt the
company so bad that they had to sell out. It was bought by a japanese
company.

So what does this prove? that your country is up for sale and the
workers have no defence. Nice place to live, I'm sure.....

Sigh. once again you reading and cognitive skills are completely
missing. Tell me something, B(ozo). How can you even compose a message
with so few working neurons?

well thanks once more for another torrent of abuse. A clear sign of
someone who knows their arguments are shaky and resorts to name
calling. Clearly you're just a sad old man, sat behind the computer
with nothing better to do. I actually feel a bit sorry for you.

The workers had some of the highest pay in town and a
guarantee that as long as the company was in business the mexican plant
would remain open for a minimum of 20 years. As far as the US workers,
if the company hadn't opened the plant in Mexico they would have been
out of business within 90 days and there would have been no jobs for
them to go back to. Defense contracts have some severe penalty,
especially when delivering critical military supplies during wartime.

(sigh)...Once more you don't seem to grasp the idea that outsourcing
production to the third world to cut costs (or threatening to in order
to make the employees work for **** money, precarious contracts and
worse conditions) is not ethical behaviour. It's an example of
everything that is wrong with corporate ideology.

-B