Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Don Bowey Don Bowey is offline

Default Is it really that tough out there ? FIRED !

On 2/8/08 12:36 PM, in article , "Leonard
Caillouet" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 2/8/08 7:40 AM, in article
, "James Beck"
wrote:

In article ,
says...
"Leonard Caillouet" wrote in
message ...

You seem to have added a right that is not found in the BOR.
Exactly where is that right specified?

The Bill of Rights explicitly protects all rights NOT specified in it.
(Read
it.) The right to organize to advance one's POV, agenda, etc, is a right
essential to any democracy.

Sure, but your rights end where they infringe on mine.
I have the right to own and run my business as I see fit.
How does your right to organize trump that? It doesn't.

Jim

You need to correct that thinking. If I am an organizer, my rights to
*attempt* to organize your workforce do *not* end, regardless of your
wishes
or how you run your company. If you fire your persuaded employees and
attempt to hire new ones, I will picket your business and attempt to
organize your new people. My union position would only be altered if you
provided wages, benefits and working conditions that are at least equal to
union shops. That's how things are.

And the non-union employees have the right to reject your organization,
right?

Leonard

I'm out of date on the question of Open Shop and Closed Shop.