Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Making a perfect snow pusher

"Gerald Miller" wrote in message
On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 10:19:22 -0500, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
. ..
RCM only

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 11:03:56 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom
Gardner" quickly quoth:

"Ignoramus29783" wrote in message
news:EOidnbnyU4unhTbanZ2dnUVZ_rWtnZ2d@giganews .com...
I have not seen a snow pusher that would actually work well. They are
too small and not too strongly made. Probably the Chinese have not
seen much snow and do not know what is a good snow pusher.
snip

The perfect snow pusher is bolted on the front of my neighbor's truck!

There ya go.

Otherwise, tell Ig to go get one of these. They're a lot more fun.
He's one of those rich Rusky fellers who made millions on eBay and the
Internet, so it won't hurt him to buy propane. g

--
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we
do.

With age comes at least SOME wisdom...I think. My snow solution is good snow
tires on my 1-ton van. It'll go through ANYTHING! I convinced my sister that
Honda Element was "cute", OK it didn't mater to her that it was all-wheel
drive.
We don't need to remove snow except for a bit on the back patio so the dogs
have
somewhere to go.

SWMBO claims I have way too much fun blowing snow in our back yard but
puppy only has short legs. Year ago last December, we got a heavy snow
late in the day and overnight to the point there was a column of snow
two feet high on the garbage can. When I pushed the aluminium storm
door open next morning, puppy stepped off the threshold and did her
business on the spot. It only takes a few minutes to clear the area
for puppy plus a path to the compost bin and one to the shed after I
finish the 16 x 70' driveway and a path for the postal person to get
to the route drop box near my drive.
Did anyone get the impression I enjoy winter?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

When I DO fire up the snowblower for the big drifts the street plow leaves at
the foot of the driveway, I'm sore for a couple of days from man-handling the
damn machine! If I blow in the back yard for the dogs, I do a couple hundred
square feet 'cuz the pups like to poop and pee on the grass if they can.