Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY[_2_] DIY[_2_] is offline

Default Wood preservative for shed

wrote:
Any thoughts on what would be the best preserving stuff
to paint a shed with? It's shiplap construction, and the
wood has a sort of green tinge to it, so I think it was
tanalised or similar before construction. Ideally the finish
would not be too dark, a sort of golden syrup colour
woulld be perfect. Preferably something that would last
a few years before I have to squeeze between the shed
and the fence again!

Thanks for any thoughts.

Danny

Cuprinol springs to mind. Regarding restricted access, my shed is close to
the fence on two sides and it isn't possible to stand in the gap to apply
preservative. I use a hand-pumped pressure sprayer to overcome the access
problem.