Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] cursichella@gmail.com is offline

Default plz help? gas shut off accidently (!)

Hi,

I own a restaurant that is adjacent to a day spa. Apparently, the spa
didn't pay their gas bill, so the gas company came out to shut their
gas off, but they accidently shut mine off instead! We're not open
for lunch so didn't know about this until our crew came in at 4.

We called the gas company immediately and were told there's nothing
they can do about it. Service restoration scheduling must be done
before before 3 and their technicians stop working at 5.

They told me that a plumber could turn it back on, so we called one,
and although he was able to manually open the valve, the gas wouldn't
flow. Now he thinks the meter has a lock in it, so we're still stuck?

Does anyone know of a way around this?

Thanks