Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default Take yer gun to the mall;update

Oren wrote in
:

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 13:23:18 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I'm not being the least bit comical. Off duty cops are citizens just
like the rest of us. They live by the same traffic laws, the same laws
about building, zoning, and paying taxes. So, they should live by the
same laws about dealing with muggers. What works for the rest of the
public should work for off duty cops. Do not resist, and do not fight
back. Cooperate quietly.

Wasn't an off duty cop involved in a mall shooting; earlier in the
thread, that prevented further carnage. Expect him to stand by in
silence?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:13:57 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

3) Off duty cops should be required to comply with robbers, so they
don't get hurt.

Are you being funny? They have an Oath; on or off duty!

Authority doesn't end at shift change.

Oren

Oren
--

he's playing "devil's advocate".
On one hand,cops are civilians given greater authority while ON duty,but

ODC= Ordinary Decent Citizen

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik