Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Recycling thought

On 2008-02-08 17:09:18 +0000, David Hansen
said:

On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 16:26:20 +0000 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

Those who see no reason not to lob everything in a giant wheelie bin
should consider the little film at
http://www.foe-scotland.org.uk/resources/minisites/landfill to see
what happens to it.

I'm just amazed that people have got the spare time to waste on this nonsense.

What is nonsensical about the film?

It is not that long, from memory about ten minutes. It can be
stopped and started should one wish. I doubt if anyone is so busy
that they cannot watch it in one window while doing something else
in another.

It's not the film.

It's the whole idea that people, in all seriousness would spend time
messing about with packaging, sorting out plastic, washing bits and
pieces under the tap, disinfecting with bleach, removing labels and
putting the proceeds into different boxes and bags.

Please tell me who these people are. I have a great range of brushes,
double glazing and Lottery tickets that they will find interesting.

In the meantime, the Ruskies have added several more large Mercs to the
streets of Moscow, the Chinese have added goodness knows what and the
inhabitants of Alexandria have burnt the insulation from several
hundred more metres of phone cable that they pulled from a manhole in
Johannesburg this afternoon.

However, the inhabitants of the Peoples' Republic of Sheffield will be
able to rest in their beds secure in the knowledge that their
fortnightly collected, rat infested wheelie bin will be making a much
larger contribution to ecowank than that of their neighbours in
Rotherham.

I despair. I really do.

This all makes the Archbishop of Canterbury look like a sane human being.