Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default New screw holes don't align

In message , Roger Mills
writes
diy-newby wrote:

I am replacing all the brass door furniture throughout the house with
satin nickel. The hinges are the same size (75mm) but the outer
screw holes don't 100% match the original. What are my options to
ensure the hinges are fixed securely?

TIA

Presumably the holes are in *nearly* the same place, but not quite - so that
the old and new holes would partially overlap?

I would be inclined to drill out the old holes to (say) 1/4" and then glue
some 1/4" dowelling in the enlarged holes. You will then have something firm
to which to screw the new hinges.

now, where's my poster of screws with two threads, offsets etc ...

--
geoff