Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default electric dryer not drying so fast

" wrote in
:

On Feb 8, 10:30�am, Red Green wrote:
Jeff Wisnia wrote

ernews.com:

J wrote:
Our electric dryer isn't drying as quick as it had in the past,
but eventually it does dry. �Once in the past a repairman came
out

and
cleaned out the exhaust line and it began drying much better.
Therefore I went outside while it was running and from the amount
of air, it appears that the air is unimpeded. �What could be the
problem? �Should I try to look inside the dryer for more clues?

�Are
dryers simple to get into?

Thanks.

Is the air coming out of the exhaust coming out as warm as you may
remember it to be?

If not, I'd bet that there's a problem with the heating element(s),
which may crequire their replacement.

As far as dryers being simple to get into, they're simpler than a
locked bank vault, but your success at repairing one depends on
your knowledge of the workings of electrical apparatus and your
skill level.

Does this apply to Sear's repair people?

Jeff- Hide quoted text -

sears most expensive repair people around,

pull dryer out, disassemble exhaust line and clean both ways,

I might add, if it's the foil type accordian (not the more rigid metal
accordian) and you clean it with a dryer vent brush it will pop a zillion
pinholes in it. If it's the plastic type accordian, that's illegal in
many if not all areas.

the cost to do nothing is eventually the dryer will overheat, and its
thermal fuse will blow. might damage the heating element too.

this may make it too expensive to fix.........

if you get someone to fix this watch them while they do it, its not
hard