Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default Pesky birds are trying to get into my house

odyssey wrote:
Darn birds are waking me every morning. I have an older colonial
style type house two stories. With the tall peek & the extended
soffets, sorta like perches in the front. It seems that they had
gotten in at one time. So I had put up some chimeney flashing lead
with some Liquid nails. On one side this fall. It works good to keep
them out. But now the're working on the opposite side. What can I do
to keep them away. I like birds but I'm not going to put up with the
pecking & gettin in my house. I'm in the middle of replacing the old
plaster & removing the straw
of their elder's. The kids can go elsewhere & I want to help them on
their way. Before the Grandkids appear... So what can I get or do
other than placing wire. It doesn't look right.

Thanks for your help.

Cut a hole to make access easier for the birds. No more lead, caulking, wire
mesh, climbing on ladders, maintenance, blah-blah-blah.

Problem solved.

'Course I'm the kind of guy that cuts critters some slack - they're just
trying to make a living.