Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Dave is offline

Default Recycling thought

Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

How much energy is saved by the recycling efforts of the average 3 bed
household on a weekly basis?

The reason I ask is that we have to wash every tin, bottle and bit of
plastic that we have to recycle and I'm thinking that we're using more hot
water now than we used to and that water is heated with gas and/or
electricity...

The council provides you with a service to collect your waste. Why not
charge them for washing out that waste?

I have no wheelie bin, but have black bags instead. This was started
when they introduced wheelie bins. If they ever put one of their bins on
my property, they will get a bill for it, for ground rent. It will rise
at twice the rate of the combined council tax.

Dave