Posted to uk.d-i-y
diy-newby diy-newby is offline

Default New screw holes don't align

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
diy-newby wrote:

I am replacing all the brass door furniture throughout the house with
satin nickel. The hinges are the same size (75mm) but the outer
screw holes don't 100% match the original. What are my options to
ensure the hinges are fixed securely?

TIA

Presumably the holes are in *nearly* the same place, but not quite - so
that the old and new holes would partially overlap?

I would be inclined to drill out the old holes to (say) 1/4" and then glue
some 1/4" dowelling in the enlarged holes. You will then have something
firm to which to screw the new hinges.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Thanks all who replied. I did think about matchsticks and glue, just wasn't
sure if that was the correct thing to do.