Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Sound Barrier for Dummies?

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 23:29:22 -0500, (N O) wrote:

As we age there are 2 things that don't stop growing, (sorry my
brothers) our ears and our noses. Given that, it is best to find a place
that doesn't smell and isn't loud.

Whatever you do to modify a bad situation you may..ahem.. outgrow...
I've spent the better part of my life in search of (aahh) 'silence'...
I can't tell what I've been through. From other soldiers who shared the
same room in my barracks to sig. others who snored.

Then came the 'outside' distraction. There gets to be a point when you
are looking for a new place that you automatically become better at
investigationg these wants.

I've even demanded to be able to sleep in a new home before I purchased
it.

I don't blame you. How did the seller or agent react.

I lay down in the bathtub of the house I was considering buying. It
seemed long enough and ok, but turned out to be the most uncomfortable
bathtub I'd ever been in (probably no more than 10 at the time.)

But a piece of 4" thick foam rubber along the back made it quite
comfortable. I have to cut out a spot for the back of my head. Every
7 years or so it gets so skanky I have to buy another piece.

"Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes...?"- Groucho Marx