Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default NEC question

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message

"RBM" wrote in message
250.62 Nec 2008

Thanks for the number. I looked it up at work to see what it said. I
don't know how two of us could have missed it. We were all around it.

I work in a very large plant as an electrician and instrument technician.
I don't have to know the code or really deal with it. One of the
coworkers is licensed and we were talking about the code and looking in
the books and just could not find it . I had asked him the question of
the grounding conductor going from the breaker box to the ground rod. He
did not know for sure and we just kept overlooking it. All he knew for
sure is what was usually done in the local area for a normal size house.

Part of this was because I am a ham radio operator and had put up a 60
foot tower and wanted to know what the code said about having several
ground rods and how to connect them .
I knew all the rods needed to be bonded, but still wanted to see how the
code related to ground rods and wiring.

I'll tell you how I found it. Bout half an hour before your post, I received
in the mail, my new 08' NEC book, not the usual code book, the one that has
twice as many pages, cause it has lots of pictures , diagrams, and
explanations, so I know WTF their talking about. I opened the book up to
grounding and there was a picture of a ground rod and conductor, with the
answer to your question written all over it. Pure luck