Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Knob and Tube BETA-33

I've stripped to studs all the houses i've come in contact with. g.
Seriously, though, i've stripped out the ones that had K&T as a matter of
course.

"Terry" wrote in message
How often were you tearing down walls looking for them?

It was comon for splices to be in the walls. Unless you were tearing
the walls down how would you know?

On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:42:11 -0600, "S. Barker"
wrote:

I've never found ANY connections that weren't in an attic or basement. In
fact, there would be no reason to make a connection in a wall behind
plaster
and lath, any more than there's a reason to do it with romex.

wrote in message
On Feb 7, 11:46?am, wrote:
On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 10:34:12 -0600, bud--
wrote:

it would be interesting to try to hire the electricians here to
inspect K&T.

exactly how does someone inspect something they cant see?

All connections in properly installed K&T are accessible.

just how, have you ever wqorked on or around K&T apparently not
because connections were generally made in walls and latheand
plastered
over. no boxes at connections in most cases.........

and before you claim i dont know, do note one of the posters
troubleshooting this problem reported making a buch of holes in walls
looking for a bad connection.