Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Don Bowey Don Bowey is offline

Default Phone line & DSL

On 2/7/08 10:29 AM, in article , "Michael A.
Terrell" wrote:

Don Bowey wrote:

HE didn't log it, but HE did report the trouble to the assignment office
that gave him the new pair. They will flag it as defective and initiate a
trouble ticket for a cable repairman to fix. They do it, because if one
pair is in trouble, there may be a condition that will spread to other
pairs.

Like when lightning hit my place near Eustis, Fl. about 10 years ago.
It was a direct strike to both the electrical and telephone service. It
vaporized the pair to the highway, the card, and rendered the pair from
that card to the CO unusable. It took several repairs before the line
was usable again.

It really ****ed me off when calling repair service each time. The
first two times I had to drive 10 miles into town, because all of the
phones on my street were dead (Five homes). I was having to scream, and
repeat myself between the loudest bursts to be heard over the static,
yet the woman said she didn't really think there was anything wrong, for
the next several calls.

That is a bad experience. Dealing with the repair service "screeners" can
be a chore, but usually it's better than that. I've had lots of repair
service experience dealing with the screeners and the public. At one time,
among other things, I managed the after-hours repair service bureau for
Oregon and anything my supervisors or their people couldn't resolve, came to
me.