Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default IDT wants to charge me a dollar to send me a bill

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Terry wrote:
Joe

I left that out. They are a long distance phone service. A while
back they wanted me to pay 4 bucks just for the service. I complained
and they waved that charge too.

Blow 'em off. We use Vonage (other services are available) and have two VoIP
lines. For 19.95/month we get:

Today's dumb question. Can you link Vonage in through your existing
phone jacks? I would like to be able to just keep the phones where they
are.
Also, I do some away from home consulting for up to a couple months
at a time. Can I bring Vonage along, use my laptop, and still be able to
use another phone (I am a writer and sometimes need to be able to record
the conversations and this is easier for me to do using a cordless phone
and a Radio Shack phone recording control)?