Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default IDT wants to charge me a dollar to send me a bill

Terry wrote:
Joe

I left that out. They are a long distance phone service. A while
back they wanted me to pay 4 bucks just for the service. I complained
and they waved that charge too.

Blow 'em off. We use Vonage (other services are available) and have two VoIP
lines. For 19.95/month we get:

Another telephone number,
All the goodies (voice-mail, caller-id, call-waiting, forwarding,
yak-yak-yak)
All the long-distance to most anywhere that we can eat.

$19.95 per month. Period. No 911 fee, no fuel-surcharge, no universal access
fee, no Al Gore tax, no sales tax. Zip.

For our company, we diligently sought the cheapest long-distance rates. In
spite of that, our LD bill was over $200/month. All that went away with
VoIP.

Here's a suggestion: Visit Best Buy, Sams, or the Vonage web site and pick
up their kit - $19.95. Try the thing for a month. If you don't like it,
cancel. It's a $20 gamble, but if it DOES work, you can tell your current
provider to wrap their lips around a tailpipe.