Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default IDT wants to charge me a dollar to send me a bill

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 01:07:26 -0500, mm
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 11:40:02 -0500, Terry
wrote:

I asked for a hard copy bill, only because it is a pain in the ass to
have to log on to the utility company's web site to check my bill.

I would love it if they just sent the statement in an email, but they
don't do it that way. I have to set up a username and password.

My gas and electric company won't send email bills.

The gas/electric company just emails me to say to go to their website.
I think someone gave them the strange idea that I would be embarrassed
if someone read my email and found out I use gas and electricity.

I pay the bill using direct draft so the only reason I want to see my
statement is to check the call log. I then just throw the statement
away.

We are talking about a phone bill not a CIA secret document.

I'd like to know the reason myself.

Just sending an email should be enough security just to view the bill.

I told them I was not going to pay for them to send me a bill. They
could just cancel my service. They waived the charge, but ignored my
suggestion just to email it to me.

The utility companies will send you an email telling you that your new
bill is ready to view online, but wont just send you an email of the
bill.

However, if you forget your password information the same group of
geniuses will send your username and password to your email address.

I think the most likely answer is that emailing your bill would be
more work for the IT department.