Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default Bath room fan CFM ratings

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 00:28:08 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
I did the usual CFM calculation for my bathroom and came up with 68 CFM.
So anything rated 68 CFM and above would work. I've been looking at 80 CFM
fans and also 100 CFM fans. If I go with a 100 CFM fan (or even 110) would
that be too powerful for my small bathroom or it doesn't matter?

There's ALMOST no such thing as too big a fan, especially if noise is not an
issue. How many people take showers, and in what period of time?

We have a 150 CFM fan, Broan, in our master bath, mounted on an
exterior wall, that works flawlessly. We originally wanted an 80 or a
100, but our electrician couldn't get one he liked in those sizes
(plus he had a 100 in his own bathroom that wasn't effective), so he
got us the 150, and boy, this thing keeps the steam from forming. I
don't mind it when the weather is cold out, but others in the house
are pussies and wait to turn on the fan until after their showers are
finished. Defeating the purpose, in my view, but that's what they do.
Anyway, our bathroom is 10' x 7' with the shower pretty much in the
middle, and we're very happy with our fan.