Posted to mn.politics,misc.consumers,misc.invest.stocks,alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default John McCain, liar and liberal punk

In article
,
Billy wrote:

You, of course, are from the "If you want to feed the birds, give the
horses grain" school of economics. Doo-Doo economics. What did George H.
W. Bush call it? Ah, yes, voodoo economics. If you raise taxes on
business, they'll leave the state. You can't increase minimum wage, all
the businesses will leave the state. And it never happens.

Look at California and then take a look at Nevada. Note how many
offices have moved from one to the other. Nevada is one of the faster
growing states largely because of the west coast offices that picked up
and left California. Some stick around, many don't. Usually the bigger
ones who have an option.

How about maintaining crop subsidies on corn when the price is going
through the ceiling? How about a wind fall sales tax on oil that is
seeing record profits, again? How 'bout no bid government contracts? How
about letting industries write their own regulatory rules? I $ee$ lot$
of money.

There is no "windfall" sales on oil. Last time I looked admittedly
about 6 months ago, the oil companies were still at roughly the same
profit margins as they have been for years. Thus the increase in profits
entirely reflects the increase in the price of oil. For something to be
windfall, they would have to be doing something differently that
(artificially) increases their profit margin. So, if you are going to
suggest a "windfall profits" tax, I am assuming that you are going to
also suggest a credit for when the price goes down and they don't make
as much money. Otherwise this boils down to they are offending your
sensibilities and therefore must be punished.
I'd agree with the crop subsidies, have for years. No bid government
contracts are also something that has been a favorite ploy at all levels
of government, although I am not at convinced that procurement isn't
overdone, too.