Posted to sci.electronics.repair,eunet.esprit
George Cornelius George Cornelius is offline

Default How to repair an ENIAC???

In article , Sam Goldwasser writes:
CJT writes:

Carl Dau wrote:

I've just bought an ENIAC on the local flea-market but this
computer is really full of "bugs".
How can I fix this monster and do you think it can compete
with my Commodore 64???

sure you did ...

I have a tube from the ENIAC.

A 12AX7?

It's a shame, but I lost a two-tube circuit board I once had from a 50's
computer - a Bendix I think - with two 6146 beam power tubes, part of the
drum memory head driver circuitry. Maybe two in parallel to feed a head?
[shades of Gracie Slick...]

What a concept.

--
George Cornelius cornelius ( A T ) eisner.decus.org