Posted to mn.politics,misc.consumers,misc.invest.stocks,alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default John McCain, liar and liberal punk

Billy wrote:
In article vdrqj.8178$bs4.2469@trndny01,
"Dave Bugg" wrote:

CJT wrote:
Dave Bugg wrote:

Billy wrote:

Make the taxes proportional to the benefit received from society.
The more you make, the greater the percentage you pay.

That would mean just the opposite. Those who make the most money
utilize less of the social services and other benefits awarded by
society. So those who utilize the benefits given by society should
pay the most.
That is absolutely false. Those who make the most place the most
demands on things like police protection, roads, airports, etc.

Hardly. Police protection is driven by criminals, roads and airports
service all sectors. However, those at the highest income levels
provide employment, are far more philanthropic, and contribut more
income to the tax-base than any other single income group. Those at
the lowest level utilize the highest levels of discretionary
expenditures through criminal justice, welfare, and every other
social welfare program, while providing extremely limited or no
benifit to society at large.

Plus, there is utility theory to deal with.

Sorry, but that dog don't hunt in this context. That all comes under
the heading of 'Business Philosophy 101'.

As seen in the recent fires in southern California, the rich have
their own fire departments (insurance companies),

Insurance companies equal fire departments.... bwahahahaha.

their own security, private schools, and transportation, among other
things.

They also have their own houses, gardens, puppy dogs and a bunch of other
things they have the right to purchase.

The rich don't need public utilities.

Sure they do.

They got their own.

No they don't. The power transmission lines, sewer pipes, water mains, and
treatment plants are not owned by individuals.

All I'm saying is that a business receives a benefit from having a
thriving market to sell in

A market that was created by the provison of a product that is in demand and
consumers free to purchase that which is in demand.

and that market is created by both the government

What market is created by the government? There is not a single product that
the government provides that makes money.

and the consumers. I won't see your ad if I haven't made an expenditure
for a
TV or a computer. I have facilitated your marketing. Whoever wishes
to avail themselves of this market that we have created should be
assessed for that right.

So, you believe that government owns the marketplace? As I've said before,
you are in good company with other marxist theorists.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com