Posted to mn.politics,misc.consumers,misc.invest.stocks,alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default John McCain, liar and liberal punk

Billy wrote:
In article Yoaqj.8562$k%2.7090@trndny09,
"Dave Bugg" wrote:

Billy wrote:

Make the taxes proportional to the benefit received from society.
The more you make, the greater the percentage you pay.

That would mean just the opposite. Those who make the most money
utilize less of the social services and other benefits awarded by
society. So those who utilize the benefits given by society should
pay the most.

Bug, please pay attention.

Bil, you're the one lost, not I.

This is a philosophical discussion. I am
proposing that if you make all your money outside of the country, you
would pay no income tax.

If you make all your money in a foreign country, you generally don't pay
taxes to the U.S., unless you're in the military.

If you make your money in our society's
market, whose infrastructure from streets to computers, the tax
payers and consumers pay for, you will pay a progressive income tax.

Yeah, I got that, which you would have gotten if you had been paying
attention. The market doesn't belong to the government, and a businessman
pays taxes and fees. As an example, as a restaurant owner, I pay a rate for
garbage, sewage and water that is 15 times the rate schedule for a
residential household. There are many other fees and taxes that I pay which
someone who doesn't own a business is clueless about. And all of those taxes
and fees are figured into the cost of providing my product and goes onto the
customer's bill.
--
Dave