Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Using recessed clock outlet in back of fridge to save space

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:38:06 -0800 (PST), Joe wrote:

On Feb 6, 8:40*am, Mikepier wrote:

snip

*It sticks out about 1 1/4",
enough to see the side of the fridge, which is black. And my fridge is
stainless steel on the front.

Spray paint the offending black part with a can of 'Chinese Chrome'.
RustOleum, Krylon have a number of various levels of 'shiny' metallic
to match what you have. It should make the whole thing look much
neater. HTH

How long does shiny paint stay shiny. I thought it turned to grey
after a year or so.

My wall bows in in the middle horizontally. I really never notice it
but I'm going to fix it anyhow when I replace the counter.

If the wall sticks out at the bottom, why not cut out that part of the
wall, and then put it back right. I'd be surprised if the 2x4's stick
out, but if worst comes to worst, you can plane or chisel them down,
then nail back the same piece of sheetrock. I think more likely the
somehow didn't get the sheet rock all the way back to the two x fours.
Maybe just cut out the bottom inch or half innch and pry out the nails
at the bottom foot or two and there will be room for the sheet rock to
stop bowing. Then nail it back to the studs. Or whatever seems right
when you look at it.

Joe