Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Brand new bathroom fan making whining noise - any remedy?

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...dy-286517-.htm
:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Get the next one from an electric supply house. Lowes does not carry
the
best.
Take a look at these

http://www.designerhardware.com/Sear...FQtjHgod4nv8Xg

Yeah, man! I should have posted here before buying the thing at Lowes, no
kidding.

This Panasonic Fan Low-Profile WhisperFit 50CFM is EXACTLY what I needed
because of my small 2x6 joists. Could have saved an hour trying to fit the
bracket designed for 2x8 (or larger). And 0.3 sonos is just an insult for
me because I specifically wanted a quiet one (50CFM would have been just
fine) and thought 2.5 sonos I'm getting from the Broan was close to the
quietest you can get...

Thanks for the link, Edwin. Gotta go now think about how to explain the
better half why I need $123 + S/H for a (yet another) new fan :-)

\//.