Posted to alt.home.repair
DA DA is offline

Default Brand new bathroom fan making whining noise - any remedy?

DA had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...dy-286486-.htm
:
S. Barker wrote:

take it back. simple solution. get another.

Well, I would do that in a heartbeat if it was not for a thing that took
couple hours to install and will take at least half as much to take down
and, probably most significantly, the bracket (or cage rather - what's the
right term?) had to be bent to accommodate the smaller size of the rafter
than what the designers envisioned. Nothing that would make it rub against
the impeller or anything like that, a rather small bend of the end
opposite to the impeller and the motor. But I'm not even sure Lowes would
even want the thing back now that it's out of shape.

\//.