Posted to alt.home.repair
S. Barker S. Barker is offline

Default Brand new bathroom fan making whining noise - any remedy?

take it back. simple solution. get another.

"DA" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

Wanted to see if someone can suggest what to do. A brand new (two weeks
old) bathroom fan (supposedly low-noise variety) started making rather
loud whining noises. On and off but lately more often on than off.

What could the cause be and what can I do about it? The mounting bracket
seems to be solidly mounted, nothing is visually loose or anything I can
tell by just looking at it. I would guess a brand new impeller should not
have gotten so badly out of balance so quickly.

Any idea, suggestion or comment on the subject is greatly appreciated.

\//.