Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pesky birds are trying to get into my house

"odyssey" wrote in message
There are two types birds that are trying to get in.

1. The starling, black-goldish color markings, on mostly the back , orange
beak very pointy. They do the most damage on the overhang of the soffit in
the front of the house. The lead I had put in place on one side is working
very well, but they still try to peck their way in. Since I am working on
that side ( removing plaster & placing insulation ) I had removed straw &
debris in the soffit. They think well nobodys home lets go in.

2. The house sparrow, small bird can get in a little opening, pulls the
drip edge away to get inside. This bird has gotten in at the peak. I can't
close him out because he's inside of the large crown moulding. I'll have
to wait for better weather. But I'll deal with him later.
But for now I'm looking for a short time solution. I can't find a store
that has rubber snakes. But I'll look till I find some.

Where are they getting in? Through vents?

Stucco house?