Posted to alt.home.repair
cavedweller cavedweller is offline

Default Knob and Tube BETA-33

On Feb 6, 2:15 pm, "S. Barker" wrote:
Ok, I will do some reading of those links. BUT, i don't really see where
that changes my experience of having never been asked about wiring. Sounds
like the people being hassled by insurance companies about K&T wiring need
to find a new better reputable company.

In Ontario, some insurance companies make a big deal out of K&T,
others are more reasonable.

The Electrical Safety Authority is the responsible agency and has
published a lot of information regarding K&T wiring in response to
insurance company actions within the province.

A favourable inspection by ESA carries a lot of weight with the more
reasonable insurers.

Google ESA.