Posted to alt.home.repair
Terry Terry is offline

Default IDT wants to charge me a dollar to send me a bill

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:41:06 -0800 (PST), Joe wrote:

On Feb 5, 10:40*am, Terry wrote:
I asked for a hard copy bill, only because it is a pain in the ass to
have to log on to the utility company's web site to check my bill.

I would love it if they just sent the statement in an email, but they
don't do it that way. *I have to set up a username and password.

I pay the *bill using direct draft so the only reason I want to see my
statement is to check the call log. *I then just throw the statement
away.

We are talking about a phone bill not a CIA secret document.

Just sending an email should be enough security just to view the bill.

I told them I was not going to pay for them to send me a bill. *They
could just cancel my service. *They waived the charge, but ignored my
suggestion just to email it to me.

Yhe name of the company is IDioT? What do they peddle so I can avoid
them, too. G

Joe

I left that out. They are a long distance phone service. A while
back they wanted me to pay 4 bucks just for the service. I complained
and they waved that charge too.

I would love to get my statements by email, but I am not interested in
having to log into a web page just to view my statement.

Email is secure enough for a utility bill.