Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim[_2_] Speedy Jim[_2_] is offline

Default Snake stuck -- Drain still clogged

wrote:
Don't try to flush it out with any of those garden hose
attachments; you'll wind up with a flood.

Jim

why do you say that? i've had good luck with those things.

I said that because OP reports a cold breeze (from the vent).
That means the pipe is clear all the way up to roof, but
blocked going down the drain.

Forcing water in will cause it to rise up the vent connection
(because it can't go down the drain).
Then, when you pull the hose fitting out, that column of water
will run back out the open drain in the bath.

Granted, there are many possible variations in the drain/vent
layout that we don't know about, but the clogged drain and
breeze from vent tells me to be very wary.

Jim