Posted to alt.home.repair
Mikepier Mikepier is offline

Default Using recessed clock outlet in back of fridge to save space

On Feb 6, 8:02*am, "David L. Martel" wrote:
Mike,

* *Why not put the fridge somewhere else on the counter? That way you'll
have access to the other jack if this is a duplex box. You have my sympathy
since you tried to do it "right" by getting the specs but the manufacturer
has let you down and it's time for a plan B.

Dave M.

I can't. It has side panels, with a cabinet on top. It is enclosed.
That's why I was trying to get it as far back as possible to make it
look "built-in". On one side I am able to barely see with a flashlight
and it looked as if the plug was touching the back of the fridge. But
as I've said, when i took out the plug and tested it, the fridge still
did not go back, so it's not the plug. It sticks out about 1 1/4",
enough to see the side of the fridge, which is black. And my fridge is
stainless steel on the front.