Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default what or how to check CRT HV anode wire repair ?

Arfa Daily wrote:

The metal shaft of a screwdriver with a plastic handle, held in your
hand, will draw a good arc from a high voltage supply, without you
feeling a thing. In the good old days of valve (tube) only TV sets, it
was a standard test to pull an arc from the top caps of the boost
rectifier and HOP valves. Also, from the cap of a DY87 or the wires of
an EY86 HV rectifier valve.

Trust me ! No dangerous suggestions from this quarter, ever ...

Arfa

This reminds me of an incident many years ago in a TV repair shop.
Several of the engineers had been feeding a mouse and it had become
quite tame, running down the back of the benchtop. Anyway one day
someone managed to zap it with a loose anode cap lead. I'de never seen
a mouse glow blue before.

--
Regards:
Baron.