Jim Stewart

Default can't pass up usefull trash

Gunner wrote:

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 16:35:18 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Some of the town "refuse collection stations" (That's PC newspeak for
"dump")around here have "put 'n take" tables.

It's amazing the kind of good stuff lots of technologically deprived
folks leave there ...

I am posting this using a beautiful 21" (!) monitor that someone left at
our "put 'n take", aka "swap shed".

Sigh..in my part of California..such a "put n take" area is unheard
of. The lawyers have won.

Not all of California. My county actually has
a "hazardous waste pickup day". One week after
the "hazardous waste dropoff day" you can go to
the dump and pick through the (screened) stuff
that was dropped off.

There's a whole crew of regulars that go through
the metals scrap bins at the recycling center.
It's amazing to watch the "churn" over the weekend.