Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Morse taper cutting any advice???

wrote:

I am trying to cut a morse taper shaft 3MT and 2MT and have setup the
topslide to what I thought was the correct angle, but he taper seems
slightly off. Is there any one who has turned a morse taper, that can
offer advice??. I know that morse taper reamers are available for
making or tidying up MT sockets, is there anything for finish cutting
MT shafts????.

Cheers

Use a center. Tool must be on centerline. Indicate a good MT to set
compound. Must indicate on centerline.

Get some prussian blue to use to check fit. Adjust angle if required.

Wes