Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Downie Tim Downie is offline

Default blocked drain

"George" wrote in message
. ..

"Peter" wrote in message
Him next door had his drains cleaned and as an aside suggested that my

waste
(kitchen sink) underground pipe has collapsed.
Rubble at the inlet in his manhole and a total lack of water when the
sink
tap was left on convinces me he is correct.

I'd be more inclined to wonder just where your sink water is going. If you
been using it for a long time without problems I'd be surprised if it's just
leaking away without any signs on the surface.

Could the drains have been rerouted in the past? Has either your house or
your neighbours had any modifications that could conceivably involve the
drains?

Tim