Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Peter is offline

Default blocked drain

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
Peter wrote:

Him next door had his drains cleaned and as an aside suggested that
my waste (kitchen sink) underground pipe has collapsed.
Rubble at the inlet in his manhole and a total lack of water when the
sink tap was left on convinces me he is correct.

Anyway, sods law might apply, in that the collapse may be under the
neighbours block paving rather than my side so finally my question
is:-
Can I remove pipe up to the fence and remove the blockage neighbours
side (only a 2 foot run from the fence to his manhole) and run a
smaller pipe inside the current one. If so are there large to smaller
connectors etc made for underground waste?

Many thanks

Peter

Are you saying that your kitchen sink outlet joins the sewer inside an
inspection chamber in your neighbour's garden? Is it *just* the kitchen
sink - where does the main stack from your toilet(s) etc. connect?

You need to know what's happened to your pipe before deciding what to do
about it. The best way of finding out is to commission a CCTV survey of

your
pipe, starting from the chamber in your neighbour's garden.
--
Cheers,
Roger

The toilet waste joins the same chamber but by a different route. My
interest in 'sleeving' is only to avoid digging up the neighbours block
paving. The pipe run is only about six feet from kitchen trap to inspection
chamber. The drain guy hit solid blockage about 2 feet from the chamber
putting it directly under the fence. My guess fwiw. Concrete fence post
install crushed the soil pipe probably years ago and we've been watering the
foundations ever since.

Thanks Peter