Posted to uk.d-i-y
adder1969 adder1969 is offline

Default PC problem

On Feb 6, 1:17*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

I think it is AVG - but could be Spybot. The both run once a day and after
disc activity ceases the machine shuts down. I've never been able to find
out why. It's not actually as much as problem as you might think as I use
this machine for most. Just use the PC for some browsing and handling AV
stuff.

You've got the "shut down computer after scan" tickbox ticked??

If I've had mine on for a long time and it's getting short of memory
it will sponaneously restart itself but not getting past POSTing is
something else. Does it boot up into command prompt? (if your OS
supports it)

It's not an old Asus board from 1976 is it? ;-)