Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default New Light bulb on it's way.

"mark" wrote in message

wrote in message
On 5 Feb, 15:56, "mark" wrote:
With all the recent talk on light bulbs, here is a low energy light bulb
with no mercury and its clever.

http://girtonlabs.googlepages.com/sensebulb

mark

I know it's not really done to comment on grammar, especially here
where we're more concerned with imparting information than how that
information is imparted, but it must have taken some sort of cognitive
process to put the apostrophe incorrectly in the possessive "its" in
the subject line, but to have incorrectly omitted it in the
contraction of "it is" in the message body.

I find the usenet group alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe useful in
this regard.

Thank you for that! I do know how to use apostrophes but haste can cause a
malfunction in their application. Good job we've got you to monitor. 'How
to Win Friends and Influence People', is not on your bookshelf I take it?

mark

Don't worry about it, he used 'but' after a comma.