Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default PC problem

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

AVG shutting it down? never heard that one before,run AVG in safe mode
and see what it finds?

I think it is AVG - but could be Spybot. The both run once a day and after
disc activity ceases the machine shuts down. I've never been able to find
out why. It's not actually as much as problem as you might think as I use
this machine for most. Just use the PC for some browsing and handling AV
stuff.

--
*A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I would put in another HD? with XP installed and run it for a few days and
see if its a software problem? then if does the same I would as already been
suggested change the Graphics card or if the mobo has a built in
graphics,take the GC thats in it? out and run it lie that to see if its the
card.

do you hear a click when the problem happens?