Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New Light bulb on it's way.

In article ,
Mary Fisher wrote:
They produce a perfectly horrible light though - far worse than a CFL.
That might get sorted in time - but likely not.

"perfectly horrible" is a subjective value judgement, it isn't
everyone's opinion.

We replaced spot halogens on our landing, which lit large oil paintings
in the stairwell and effectively lit the landing, with LEDs - which
give a very pleasing (to us) 'moonlight' quality to the lighting.

Even worse for this purpose. I doubt the artist spent all that time
carefully choosing colours just to have them ruined by crappy lighting.

It's
perfectly acceptable in that situation and is far more 'natural' than
either tungsten or halogen.

No it's not. LEDs give nothing close to any natural light.

By the way, they were very cheap - from Lidl or Aldi.

Was that the oil paintings?

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.