Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
AZ Nomad AZ Nomad is offline

Default Bath room fan CFM ratings

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 03:05:56 GMT, Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Walter Cohen" wrote in message
I did the usual CFM calculation for my bathroom and came up with 68 CFM.
So anything rated 68 CFM and above would work. I've been looking at 80 CFM
fans and also 100 CFM fans. If I go with a 100 CFM fan (or even 110) would
that be too powerful for my small bathroom or it doesn't matter?

Skip the cheap NuTone and get a 120 cfm Panasonic. Much quieter. I don't
know how you did the calculations, but the amount of methane gas you produce
should be considered above anything else.

somebody who needs 100+CFM should also get something with a spark arrester.