Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] pdrahn@coinet.com is offline

Default Straightening bent Drill Press Spindle

On Feb 5, 7:00 pm, JR North wrote:
I done it. Have an old Craftsman 15" floor DP that has had .008 runout
in the spindle for a couple decades. Just used it for junk drilling, and
very rarely. Decided to fix it quick and dirty, so rigged a dial gauge
to read the chuck body, turned the spindle to max deflection, backed off
the dial, and smacked the chuck with a BFH fairly hard. Recheck; .007.
Hmmm. Smack; .005. Smack; .002. Smack; dead nuts. 'Bout time I did
something with that.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Home Page:http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth
Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"

Did you see the hair line cracks in the casting?

Paul