Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BobH[_2_] BobH[_2_] is offline

Default Fixing broken bandsaw blades

steamer wrote:
--Well I bit the bullet and made an alignment jig but I'm not sure
I've got all the fiddly bits set up right. Has anyone got photos of one
they've made up somewhere?
What prompted the build: a pal came by with a blade that was broken;
I ground the ends and butted them together on a corner of the welding table
(awkward), then whipped out the tig torch and voila! Poof! No blade! So I
needed a nice brazing jig. I guess grinding at an angle is not recommended
either, yes?

Ernie was recommending welding the blades with ER80-S-B2. My (limited)
experience has been to get as small a filler rod as you can find. I got
some 0.045 and would like it thinner.

Here are a couple of pictures of a jig that I made a few years ago:
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/...jig_readme.txt
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/bsaw_blade_jig1.jpg
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/bsaw_blade_jig2.jpg

Bob