Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Using recessed clock outlet in back of fridge to save space

When they don't specify, it shouldn't matter. Why not cut open the wall
around the outlet and set the outlet back slightly. It's ugly, but hidden

"Mikepier" wrote in message
Well first off, no where in the installation manual does it say where
to put the outlet. In fact the whole rear of the fridge is pretty much
flat. There is no recessed area for the outlet.
Also as a test, I unplugged the fridge and looped the cord out of the
way to test and see if indeed I would gain more room, and I didn't.
Apparantly it's not the plug. It's something else. I removed the anti-
tip bracket, and still no help. I think perhaps my wall is not level
( bows in towards the fridge at the bottom) and thats why it is
sticking out a little. So I guess I'll live with it.
Also to answer your question, GE recommends 1/8" on either side
clearance, 1/2" rear, and 1" top for ventilation on my particular
fridge.