Posted to mn.politics,misc.consumers,misc.invest.stocks,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default John McCain, liar and liberal punk

Don Homuth dhomuthoneatcomcast.net@ wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Don Homuth dhomuthoneatcomcast.net@ wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Don Homuth dhomuthoneatcomcast.net@ wrote
Rod Speed wrote
HeyBub wrote

But, in the main, we're doing swell. Just swell.

Yep. And the US can even afford the fiasco in Iraq.

So long as it's on the National Credit Card, we can sustain it.

And it can be paid for by increased taxes too.

What do you figure the chances will be?

Lousy, essentially because its a lot more politically palatable to
run deficits instead, particularly when its an immense amount of
money involved like it is with Iraq.

QED.

Nope, particularly if the obscenity of the rathole for money, Iraq, is done with.

Anyone seriouslyu suggesting that?

Greenspan and Bernanke.

I said Seriously

You 'think' they are joking about that ?

-- someone in a position actually to Do it, rather than just talk about it.

You said 'suggesting', not able to do that.

None of the prez candidates are in any position to do it either,
until one of them actually gets elected, and even then, that
individual still gets to convince the congress to do it like that.

There are reasonable prospects for paying down the national debt if Iraq is
finished with, particularly if the Democrats retain their power in the Congress.

Some countrys have paid down their national debt, but they dont have
the problem of the immense amount of money that Iraq has cost the US.

When it comes time to actually Pay for it, it's problematic
whether our children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren
Will be able to afford it, as the term is correctly used.

Corse they can, just like they managed it fine
with WW2, the cold war, and Vietnam.

Are the bills now fully paid for those?

WW2 is, the cold war and Vietnam, arguably.

No -- none of them are fully paid.

Wrong with WW2.

The costs were rolled over and over and over endlessly.

Thats not really true about the costs of WW2.

Revisit that presumption.

No thanks. And it isnt a presumption anyway.

Yeah -- really it is.

Nope, try a dictionary some time.
http://onelook.com/?w=presumption

It too is wrong.

Nope, they have been paid for, the interest on the deficit.

They have, unfortunately Not been paid for.

They have in the sense that thats what the grandkids etc are paying.

And the interest on the deficit keeps growing,

Only because the national debt keeps growing. See above on Iraq.

and now somewhere between 15 and 20% of annual revenues pay it right off the top.

And that is clearly being paid, so you are just plain wrong.

Much to governments who do not have Our best interests foremost.

You aint established that that national debt is a significant problem.

The only downside with it is that more taxes are paid to pay
the interest on it than would otherwise need to be raised.

Thats clearly affordable for the US today, just like WW2 was at that time too.