Posted to mn.politics,misc.consumers,rec.gardens,misc.invest.stocks,alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default John McCain, liar and liberal punk

In article ,
Don Homuth dhomuthoneatcomcast.net@ wrote:

No -- the problem is in the mismatch between a small increase in
revenues coupled with a large increase in expenditures.

The key to keeping things in balance is to match them.

Exactly. Spend less

Actually if you look at the Joint
Commitee on Taxation "scoring" of the cuts, the revenues that came in
after the cut were larger than the scoring said would have come in if
the cut had not occurred. This is same scoring system they have used for
taxes way before GW came about.

Also based on an illusion. So-called tax "cuts" that are merely
deferrals merely postpone the day of reckoning, and create an illusion
of a thriving economy based on borrowed money. Rather like that
teevee commercial where the guy is bragging about his house, cars,
lawn, pool, etc -- and then says "I'm in debt up to my ears!"

Spending is the key. Heck I would actually agree with a tax cut if
the quid pro quo was a balanced budget amendment or some such. You can't
trust a Congress of any stripe to not spend too much money.

There is a need to tax more than we spend. Otherwise we can't pay
down the accumulated Debt, the overwhelming majority of which the Rs
have managed to run up. It is the Combination of taxing and spending
cuts that will be required to get the job done.

But no one is talking about a way to enforce spending cuts in the
same way a tax increase enforces an increase in revenue.

So -- same question: What expenditures that You support are You
willing to have cut or done away with?

Pretty much everything except law enforcement, defense and a couple
other small things. "Politics should be limited in its scope to war,
protection of property, and the occasional
precautionary beheading of a member of the ruling class."

-P.J. O'Rourke
So what would YOU be willing to give up or would you just up taxes
and up taxes.

Somehow the Rs lost their way a couple of decades back on such
fundamental matters. For a while there, I thought perhaps the Ds
would pick up the concept, but of late it doesn't seem to be happening
as it ought.

The Dems have pretty much always lead the charge on spending. There
was a small timeframe of about 5 years when the GOP first took over
where there was some slowing of the rate of increase in spending, but
then they got the addiction and it was all over